LOC Project Success Emergency Funds Information:
“The Emergency Aid Program supports student persistence toward degree completion by removing unforeseen financial obstacles from their path, which if not resolved quickly, could cause students to abandon their plans for higher education. Project Success is an initiative designed by the U. S. Department of Education to help minority serving institutions improve student success and institutional outcomes and will be administered by ECMC (Educational Credit Management Corporation). LeMoyne-Owen College will administer the funds and provide eligible students facing short-term, nonrecurring emergencies with an award of emergency aid dollars to remedy the situation.” ECMC Program Guidelines pg.1
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How much financial assistance can a student expect to receive?
- Eligible students can receive a maximum of $500 over your four-year tenure at LeMoyne-Owen College
- What makes a student eligible for the LOC Project Success emergency funds program?
- Must be enrolled as a part/full time student in an associate or bachelor’s degree program
- Must have a 2.0 or higher GPA at the time of application approval
- Can I apply more than once for emergency assistance?
- Yes, however, you can only receive a maximum of $500 over your four-year tenure at LeMoyne-Owen College
- What steps must be followed to apply for emergency funds?
- Complete the online application
- Upload supporting documentation of the financial need
- Complete the REQUIRED financial education course – Financial Basics
- What is considered supporting documentation of Unforeseen events (see examples below – this is not a comprehensive list)?
- automotive repair estimate
- short-term housing insecurity
- past due rent/mortgage
- utility bill cutoff notice
- unexpected uninsured medical/dental bill
- Delinquent childcare expenses
- Why do I have to provide documentation to support my request for financial assistance?
- All applications must have supporting documentation to substantiate need and to be reviewed by the committee. Funds will not be distributed directly to the student but will be paid to the company/third party by the College.
- Can a letter from a LOC faculty/staff member be used for supporting documentation?
- Referral letters/recommendations from a LOC faculty/staff member are not sufficient proof that a student will qualify for the emergency aid program.
- If approved for emergency funds, will I have to pay the money back?
- Students are not required to pay back any funds received from the LOC Project Success Emergency Funds program.
- Where can I access the Required Financial education courses?
- What happens if I don’t complete the Required Financial Education Courses?
- If a student does not complete the required financial education courses after receiving emergency assistance, they will be deemed ineligible to apply for emergency assistance in the future.
- The LOC Project Success Emergency Funds Program does NOT cover?
- School expenses (fines, tuition, books, supplies, lab fees, required tools/equipment, etc.)
- Delinquent school balances
- Graduation fees
- Can faculty and staff apply for the LOC Project Success Emergency Funds Program?
- The LOC Project Success emergency funds program is only for currently enrolled LOC students.
NOTE: Request for emergency assistance will not be reviewed without a completed application and supporting documentation. Funds will not be released directly to the student.