Health Center Info:
The LeMoyne-Owen College Health and Wellness Center, in partnership with Methodist LeBonheur Healthcare, recognizes the positive impact of good physical and mental health on educational success. The Health and Wellness Center is a place where currently enrolled students and employed faculty/staff can learn how to be and stay well. The Health and Wellness Center is run by a Nurse Practitioner, who provides the College community with health education, screenings, and fosters a healthy lifestyle. Services offered include:
Most non-urgent, minor medical conditions:
- Colds, flu, and sore throat
- Bronchitis, pneumonia, and asthma attacks
- Ear, throat, and sinus infections
- Rashes, bug bites, and allergic reactions
- Minor headaches, eye pain, or irritation
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and other stomach viruses
Minor injuries treated such as:
- Sprains, strains, minor fractures, and dislocations
- Cuts, scrapes, and splinters
- Sports Physicals
- Screenings: influenza, strep, urinalysis, urine pregnancy, mono, COVID-19
- Medications will be dispensed onsite.
- On-campus injuries may be seen at the clinic. However, if there is a need for a referral the patient will be responsible for payment (insurance or fee for service). The patient may follow up with PCP if necessary.
The Health and Wellness Center adheres to strict confidentiality and follows all HIPAA guidelines.
Center Hours of Operation:
- Monday –Friday 8:30 am – 3:00 pm (closed 12p-1p for lunch)
- Appointments are strongly encouraged but walk-ins are welcomed.
To Make an Appointment:
Call: (901) 435-1577
Health and Wellness Center Staff:
Dr. Elizabeth Jones, DNP-FNP-BC, CHFNFamily Nurse Practitioner
Direct (901) 435-1577 | Mobile (901) 286-0111Email:email@example.com
869 Saxon Ave. (On the parking lot of Saxon Dorm)