LeMoyne-Owen College provides students with disabilities the opportunity to realize their full academic potential. Certain accommodations may be necessary to achieve this goal.
Self-identified students will work with the Director of Student Development and Disability Services and faculty members to develop academic adjustments that will permit students to fully access academic material.
It is the policy of LeMoyne-Owen College to comply with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 in providing reasonable accommodations to qualified students with disabilities.
A qualified student with a disability is defined as a person who meets the academic and non-academic admission criteria essential to participate in the program in question and who, with or without reasonable accommodations, can perform the essential functions of the program or course requirements.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Collect all medical documentation needed to support your need for “reasonable accommodations” with Disability Services
- Make an appointment with the Office of Student Development and Disability Services
- Meet with and provide each of your professors a copy of your accommodation forms
- Return all signed accommodation forms to the Office of Student Development and Disability Services
- ACCOMMODATIONS ARE NOT RETROACTIVE
OWN YOUR SUCCESS:
- Meet all academic and behavioral standards in the college catalog
- ATTEND classes regularly (excessive absences and tardiness are not overlooked because of your disability)
- If you must miss class, contact your professor and the Office of Student Development and Disability Services
Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
40 S. Main St. 10th Floor
Memphis, TN 38103
Director of Student Development and Disability Services
Jean_saulsberry [at] loc [dot] edu
Adjacent to Saxon Dorm
Regular Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday
8:30am – 4:30pm
Summer Hours of Operation:
Monday – Thursday
8:00am – 5:00pm