Transfer applicants may transfer appropriate courses from regionally accredited institutions to LeMoyne-Owen College if the grade received was "C" or better. However, to receive transfer credit, official transcripts from the previous institution(s) must be received before a student begins classes. Credits that are more than ten years old will be reviewed to determine if they are transferable. Students will not be awarded credit for coursework not at the college level or that is not appropriate to the curriculum at the College. All transfer evaluations are subject to final approval by the Office of the Registrar.
Transfer applicants must submit the following:
- Application for admission
- $25 non-refundable application fee
- Official college transcripts from any current/previous institution of higher education attended
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
Applicants lacking the required 2.0 cumulative GPA may still apply for admission. These applicants must submit a written statement concerning their unsatisfactory academic record along with their completed application.
If the applicant has attempted fewer than 28 college credit hours, then they must submit:
- High school transcript or equivalent (if fewer than 28 college credit hours attempted)
- SAT or ACT test score (If under age 21)