Back To Top
Ask the Librarian Sessions - Hosted by Ms. Stacey Smith
Topic: Ask a Librarian
Dates: Every Wednesday, Jul 15, 2020 - Aug 26, 2020
Jul 15, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 22, 2020 11:30 AM
Jul 29, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 5, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 12, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 19, 2020 11:30 AM
Aug 26, 2020 11:30 AM
You can download and import the iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system by clicking the link below.
Meeting ID: 763 2947 5773
The Hollis F. Price Library will be open for laptop and book check-in & checkout
Monday - Thursday, 9 am to 1 pm each day.
- Students and Faculty - If you need library assistance or instruction, call 901-435-1352.
- Students may come to the library, but we will monitor capacity and social distancing will be strictly enforced
- Contact the Library Director, Stacey J. Smith at 901-435-1351 for any other needs or concerns
- Click HERE for online databases that are available remotely
Click on the link above for more information. To check out a laptop, you must provide the following:
- Valid Student ID
- Proof of Validation
Summer 2020 & Fall 2020 Pre-registration Begins Monday, April 20, 2020
Visit my.LOC.edu to register and contact your academic advisor or a member of the student services team if you have questions.
College COVID-19 Updates:
COVID-19 Safety Procedures
The best way to protect ourselves is by ensuring we are following the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Please click the links below for helpful guidance.
We will continue to keep you updated as more information becomes available to us from health care experts.
Updated: March 18, 2020
Along with the instruction and learning experience, safety is a top priority for our students, faculty and staff. We DO NOT have a case of COVID-19 on our campus; however, to ensure that we do not compromise anyone’s health and limit the spread of COVID-19, we made the following decisions:
- Engaged a cleaning company to facilitate the overall cleaning and sanitization of our campus.
- Enhanced daily cleaning protocols.
- Followed guidelines established by state and federal officials with regards to social distancing to ensure the health and well-being of our students, faculty, staff and campus-at-large.
- Effective Wednesday, March 18, LeMoyne-Owen College campus is closed to the public. We will continue to have 24-HR security and will implement protocols for limited public access to the campus.
- Effective Monday, March 30, 2020 we will shift from face-to-face instruction to remote course offerings for the remainder of the spring semester.
- Faculty will return Monday, March 23, 2020 to implement remote learning for their courses.
- Faculty will communicate to the students on their class rosters and provide them with the necessary instruction and materials to complete the requirements of their courses.
Students currently residing in campus housing should begin moving out their personal belongings immediately. Students who will be returning when spring break ends on March 30, 2020, should begin making alternative housing arrangements and be prepared to move or store your remaining items from your dormitory room by April 1, 2020.
Postponement of Major Events
- As you may be aware, large group activities are to be delayed for at least the next 8 weeks. This will impact our Presidential Gala, originally scheduled for April 26, 2020, which will be postponed until the fall. More information will be forthcoming.
- We have also cancelled Honors Convocation, scheduled for April 8, as well as any concerts the choirs and music students may have had scheduled.
- We have made the difficult but necessary decision to postpone our May 9, 2020 commencement ceremony as well as any associated events until further notice. This includes Lantern Service and any alumni reunion activities usually associated with graduation weekend. Please check www.loc.edu and social media for updates.