The Counseling Center provides a comprehensive set of interrelated services, activities and referrals, which focus on the holistic development of our students. The counselors at The LeMoyne-Owen College have the responsibilities that are both internal and external to the Counseling Center.
Counseling is a growth process through which students are helped to define goals, make decisions, and solve problems related to personal, social, and academic concerns.
Counseling often deals with personal and private issues and is predicated on the principle of confidentiality that is established by law and professional ethics. Disclosure of information to third parties without the consent of the student/client is prohibited. However, when necessary to protect the student and /or other persons’ safety, disclosure of information about the student/client by faculty and staff to professionals within the College who have cause to know and are in professional positions to assist that student/client is acceptable.
The Counseling Center is open from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Walk-ins are accepted.
The Counseling Center is located at 837 Saxon Avenue.
Please Participate In A Counseling Center Survey:
Director of Counseling
· The Crisis Center-Memphis (901) 274-7477
· Mobile Crisis Unit (901) 577-9400
· National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
· Agape Child and Family Services www.agapemeanslove.org
· Life Choices www.pregnantwanthelp.com
· The Exchange Club Family Center (First Steps Program) www.exchangeclub.net
· Alcoholic Anonymous www.memphis-aa.org
· Coalition Against Drug Abuse http://drugabuse.com/
· Lakeside Behavioral Health Systems http://lakesidebhs.com
· Know Now. Live Longer www.hivmemphis.org
· Living Legacy, Inc. www.theliving-legacy.com
· A.A.R.D.V.A.R.C. (An Abuse, Rape, and Domestic Violence Aid and Resource Collection) www.aardvarc.org
· Shelby County Sexual Assault Resource Center www.shelbycountytn.gov
SCSARC Hotline number (901) 222-4350
Emergency Housing/Food Services
· MIFA www.mifa.org
· American Redcross Mid-south Chapter http://midsouthredcross.org
· TN Community Services Agency http://tncsa.com
· Christ Community Health Services www.christcommunityhealth.org
· Shelby County Health Department www.shelbycountytn.gov