Director of Career Services
Dr. Denita Hedgeman
To assist students in developing the"soft skills " that will enable
them to compete for internships and career opportunities with
confidence and success.
Career Services is the organizational unit at The LeMoyne-Owen College
responsible for assisting students and alumni with identifying and
developing strategies to achieve their career goals. Students are
encouraged to consider all career and Graduate/professional school
Career development is a learning and growing process that includes
self-exploration, career awareness options, clarification and
placement. Career Services provides career counseling for individuals
and groups, assistance in the development of decision-making skills
important for life-long planning, a Career Services resource library,
as well as sponsors career related programs, events, workshops,
seminars and company tours.
The Department of Career Services exists:
1. To provide career counseling to all students and alumni and assist them in planning their career development.
2. To assist students in the proper preparation of credentials for
interview purposes, including resumes, letters of application, letters
of inquiry, letters of
acceptance, letter of job offers and letters regarding plant visits.
3. To provide leadership in the art and technique of job interviewing through workshops, seminars, videotape and other media.
4. To assist students in obtaining permanent, full-time jobs,
internships, as well as part-time and summer work experience.
5. To increase the number of organizations who recruit on campus.
6. To provide opportunities for various recruiters visiting the College
to meet with student groups, classes, faculty and other college
administrators to discuss career opportunities with the specific
concerns they represent.
Click here for HBCU Forum article.
Click here for HBCU Careers.com.