How do I Apply for Graduation?
Applying for graduation is a two-step process, both of which must be completed in order for a student to graduate. Be sure to understand the difference between “walking in commencement” and “graduating.”
Walking in commencement does not mean that a student has obtained his or her degree. The degree is not conferred and a student does not actually graduate until all requirements for the degree have been met. Students who graduate in August and December will be invited back to walk in the following May commencement ceremony.
Submit Degree Application to the Registrar’s Office
In order to graduate from The LeMoyne-Owen College, every student must submit an intent to graduate form and a degree application to his or her advisor. The student should submit the letter of intent to graduate and a copy of their program of study the semester prior to the student’s final semester. The letter of intent can be picked up in the Record’s Office or via the Registrar’s webpage online.
Steps to Graduation:
- Submit the letter of intent to graduate form, career services survey, and the program of study to the Records Office. Every student should have this on file - No exceptions.
- Submit the completed degree application, fees, exit survey, and clearance form with all signatures. This must be completed before any degree is posted - No exceptions.
Approximate due dates are as follows (a mass e-mail is sent to all enrolled students with notification of specific due dates each semester):
- Students, who plan to complete all degree requirements by the end of the following Spring semester, must submit graduation application by October 15.
- Students, who plan to complete all degree requirements by the end of the following full Summer session, must submit graduation application by February 15.
- Students, who plan to complete all degree requirements by the end of the following Fall semester, must submit graduation application by June 15.
If you have any questions about any of the deadlines listed above, please contact the Registrar’s Office. After submitting the Letter of Intent to Graduate, the Record’s Office will provide the applicant with any remaining requirements by mail. It is the student’s responsibility to complete all requirements for graduation.