Applying for a Federal Direct/Stafford Loan
1. The FAFSA results must be received and correct in our office. You may complete the FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov . You will need a pin # to sign the FAFSA and to sign your Master Promissory Note. You may get or view your pin # at http://www.pin.ed.gov/PINWebApp/pinindex.jsp
2. You must also complete an entrance interview one time at each school you attend at
3. You must sign a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) one time, even if you have already signed a promissory note with a bank or other lender at https://StudentLoans.gov because the Federal government will be your lender.
Please note that instructions for completing the Entrance Counseling and signing the MPN are located on our website. Please click on the Entrance Counseling/MPN Instructions tab.
Applying for Federal Direct Parent Loans
For Fall and Spring Semesters
1.The FAFSA results must be received and complete in our office. If you have not completed the FAFSA you may complete it at www.fafsa.ed.gov
2. Complete a Federal Direct Parent Loan request form
and return it to our office (fax, mail, or drop it off). This will allow us to start the credit approval process with the Federal government and certify the loan.
3. You must also complete a Federal Direct Master Promissory Note with the Federal government one time at https://StudentLoans.gov
This must be completed with the Federal government even if you have signed a Master Promissory Note with a bank or lender earlier.