Follow Us LOC on Instagram LOC on Twitter
 Memphis TN.
Financial Aid


Phyllis TorryDirector of Student Financial Services
Phyllis Nettles Torry
(901) 435-1555
Mailing Address
LeMoyne-Owen College
807 Walker Avenue
Memphis, TN 38126

Telephone/Email Contact
(901) 435-1575

Make a Gift to LOC LOC Athletics
LeMoyne-Owen College
807 Walker Ave
Memphis TN 38126
Main Telephone: (901) 435-1000
© 2010-2011 LeMoyne-Owen College
Site Design by QuinestBishop.com and Richard Thompson
Home » Financial Aid Home » Complaint Process

Complaint Process Concerning Accreditation and Fraud

LeMoyne-Owen College (LOC) is committed to providing a quality educational experience for all students. Students are encouraged to take advantage of all relevant services and programs offered by the College; therefore, LOC is concerned that all students receive the best treatment possible by college personnel.
In accordance with the Department of Education’s final regulations published on October 29, 2010, the following is the complaint process related to receiving and resolving complaints for TICUA member institutions that are legally authorized to provide post-secondary education in Tennessee and are exempt from regulation by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission.

Complaints relating to quality of education or accreditation requirements shall be referred to the Southern Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools (SACS):


Complaints related to the application of state laws or rules related to approval to operate or licensure of a particular professional program within a postsecondary institution shall be referred to the appropriate State Board (i.e., State Boards of Health, State Board of Education, and so on) within the Tennessee State Government and shall be reviewed and handled by that licensing board (http://www.tn.gov, and then search for the appropriate division);


Complaints related to state consumer protection laws (e.g., laws related to fraud or false advertising) shall be referred to the Tennessee Division of Consumer Affairs and shall be reviewed and handled by that Unit (http://www.tn.gov/consumer/).