The goal of the Minority Science and Engineering Improvement Program is:
To contribute to the development and increase the number of African Americans who graduate from LeMoyne-Owen College and enter into careers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields.
The objectives to support the goal of the program are:
(1) To increase the number and proportion of STEM majors by 10% each year.
(2) To provide strictly monitored tutorial programs to increase the retention and achievement of STEM majors.
(3) To increase the number of STEM education majors to teach K-12 students.
(4) To provide strictly monitored mentoring services designed to increase the number of STEM graduates.
(5) To place at-risk or high-need STEM graduates in their declared major fields.
807 Walker Ave.
Memphis, TN 38126